We are pleased to announce a new partnership with Starlight Children’s Foundation – an organization whose mission is to bring joy and comfort to hospitalized children and their families. Hospital gowns can be a scary and uncomfortable experience for kids. The Starlight Brave Gowns program replaces uncomfortable hospital garments with high-quality, comfortable and brightly colored gowns. The gowns transform children into astronauts, princesses, cowboys, and other characters so they can have fun and enjoy being kids.
Athletes for Hope is teaming up with Starlight to distribute 100,000 Starlight Brave Gowns to hospitals across the U.S. Our first official Brave Gowns campaign launched on July 17th and our connections have not gone unnoticed as millions of people have seen news coverage of the campaign. A few highlights include:
- Jake Butt and Dymonte Thomas of the Denver Broncos and Professional Soccer player Jordan Angeli visited Denver Health (CO)
- Alex Carlson, Jamie Sinclair, and Monica Walker of the USA Curling team visited Children’s Hospital of Minnesota (MN)
- Stevie Tu’ikolovatu of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers visited St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital (FL)
- Brett Nicholas and Drew Robinson of the Texas Rangers and Professional Soccer player Melissa Henderson visited Cook Children’s Hospital (TX)
- Seattle Reign FC visited Valley Memorial Hospital (WA)
- US National Women’s Soccer player, Alyssa Naeher, NFL player Kyle Prater and Will Hampton visited Comers Children’s Hospital (IL)
We invite you to follow these stories and visit our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages to learn more about these athletes/charity connections.
If you are interested in bringing a Brave Gowns distribution to a hospital near you, please reach out to us via email at email@example.com.
Thank you for your continued support,
The AFH Staff