Calling all current student-athletes!
Athletes for Hope is thrilled to open the application process for this upcoming academic year’s Sports Philanthropy Certificate Program. Learn more about the program below and note that this year’s deadline has been extended to September 30th, 2021.
Sports Philanthropy Certificate Program
An extension of AFH U, the Sports Philanthropy Certificate Program offers student-athletes a more in-depth, seminar-style opportunity to learn how to use their their platforms to give back, to advocate and to understand how to use their voices to support the causes they care about. Program goals include:
- Increase education about smart philanthropy
- Provide access to professional athletes and faculty working in social justice, advocacy and philanthropy industries
- Expand sports philanthropy opportunities for student-athletes
- Equip student-athletes with the tools to take action on causes they are passionate about
Sessions included in the 2021-2022 Cohort:
- Empowering Student-Athletes through Action
- Engaging Athletes in Your Cause
- Leadership by Example in the Community
- Creating a Social Justice Mindset
- Building Resilience in Athlete Mental Health