Calling all current student-athletes!
Athletes for Hope is thrilled to open the application process for this upcoming academic year’s Sports Philanthropy Certificate Program. Learn more about the program below and note that this year’s deadline is September 9, 2022.
Sports Philanthropy Certificate Program
An extension of AFH U, the Sports Philanthropy Certificate Program offers student-athletes a more in-depth, seminar-style opportunity to learn how to use their their platforms to give back, to advocate and to understand how to use their voices to support the causes they care about. Program goals include:
- Increase education about smart philanthropy
- Provide access to professional athletes and faculty working in social justice, advocacy and philanthropy industries
- Expand sports philanthropy opportunities for student-athletes
- Equip student-athletes with the tools to take action on causes they are passionate about
Sessions included in the 2022-2023 Cohort:
- Empowering Student-Athletes through Action
- Engaging Athletes in Your Cause
- Leadership by Example in the Community
- Creating a Social Justice Mindset
- Building Resilience in Athlete Mental Health
To learn more about the Sports Philanthropy Certificate Program, click here. Application due date for the October 2022 – May 2023 cohort is September 9, 2022. Register here.