Did you know that Malaria kills a child every two minutes, and yet it is a preventable, treatable disease if communities are provided with proper bed nets and treatment? For simply $10, we can provide a net to save a life.
Athletes for Hope is partnering with Nothing But Nets and Golden State Warriors star Steph Curry to help fight Malaria, and we are calling on each of our AFH athletes to join us in one or both of the activities below. Please contact us if you would like more information or simply want to let us know you are in!!
Miles for Malaria Challenge:
Log your miles walked, run, or biked using the Charity Miles app, and you can help defeat malaria while breaking a sweat. It is easy, free, and a healthy way to help save lives!
How you can help:
- Download the free Charity Miles app and select Nothing But Nets as the charity you support.
- Join the “Nothing But Nets Giving Tuesday” team by using the three search dots in the top left corner of the app.
- Turn on the app every time you run or ride and Charity miles will donate up to 25¢ per sponsored mile.
- Encourage friends & family to sign up and join our team for the Charity Miles Challenge, it is an easy way for supporters to get involved during the busy giving season. #EveryMileMatters
- Donate a net in honor of a loved one at nothingbutnets.net/giftanet
- Film a short video letting your teammates, coaches, family, friends, etc. know that you have chosen to Gift a Net in their honor and encourage them to do the same. Be sure to use the hashtag #GiftANet. Check out Steph Curry’s Gift a Net video below.
Gift A Net:
Every two minutes a child dies from malaria, but a donation of just $10 will protect a life.
How you can help:
Whether you donate your miles or your money, you will be helping protect children all over the world from Malaria, a deadly and yet preventable disease. Please contact Athletes for Hope if you have any questions about this opportunity. We look forward to helping you give back to others this holiday season.