This time of year, college seniors are pushing hard to get through the end of their last semester and are preparing for the start of their careers. The same is true for student athletes, many of which have their sights to the NFL.
Our team had the privilege of presenting to this year’s Senior Bowl class where top college football players would display their talents before the NFL draft. Some of today’s biggest NFL stars have played in the Senior Bowl. As evidence, nearly every season at least 30% of those in attendance will end up in the NFL.
Our CEO, Ivan Blumberg, presented to a room full of players and the coaching staff. By the end of it, nearly every athlete there signed up to give back to others through Athletes for Hope. The top three causes athletes expressed interest in were:
- Helping children become more active
- Helping kids get a better education
- Reducing global poverty and hunger
The feedback from the event was very positive and many of the players offered their thanks and praise during the open discussion. For example, some of the comments said include:
- “Great information that made me realize my responsibilities as an athlete”
- “I had a clear understanding on the process to help the community and how I can be more engaged in foundations that I want to be involved with.”
It was an honor to present to the NCAA Senior Bowl and to work with the organizers on this effort. We look forward to working with this organization and student athletes to make this world a better place.