The Director of Development will work closely with the Athletes for Hope staff, who are based in Bethesda, MD. The Director of Development will report directly to the AFH CEO to refine and execute our development plan in an effort to bring in new donors and bolster our existing donor base. Interested and qualified candidates should apply via emailing a cover letter and resume to Jason Belinkie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this role, the Director of Development will be responsible for the following:
- Serve as a member of the senior management team and as the critical point person to drive and shape a diverse funding program for AFH. Advise and work closely with the AFH staff, board of directors and key stakeholders in scaling the program.
- Create a detailed development plan and revise, coordinate and “refresh” as the organization dramatically scales its fundraising program. Provide reports and accounting to all on a regular basis.
- Serve as the key point person for all special events and activities, including a golf tournament and annual gala. Interface with key personnel to plan events, create budgets and oversee final details/execution of all development related events and activities. Maintain a master calendar for development purposes.
- Serve as the key officer in growing all aspects of the fundraising program. In addition to the major and leadership gift program, manage and grow support from both the foundation and corporate giving communities.
- Provide counsel and advice and oversee the maintenance of a professional and sophisticated database which monitors and provides information on all aspects of fundraising. Oversee and assist in maintaining research and information which supports all fundraising.
- Serve as an active participant, advocate and ambassador in advancing the case for support. Set up and participate in significant cultivation meetings and/or solicitations to garner support at all levels.
- Research and apply to grant opportunities on a regular basis.
- Bachelors Degree (Graduate Degree preferred)
- 5-7 years of Development, Fundraising and/or Sales Experience
- Strong writer with communication and research skills
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Proficiency with computers and software
- Passion for sports and its intersection with the community is a plus
This position is based in Bethesda, MD and will consist of a 40-hour per week commitment, beginning in the fourth quarter of 2022. The position will have a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. Benefits will also be included.
Please email cover letter and resume to Jason Belinkie at email@example.com.
About Athletes for Hope
Founded by Muhammad Ali, Andre Agassi, Mia Hamm and nine other elite athletes in 2006, Athletes for Hope (AFH) is a national non-profit that educates, encourages, and empowers athletes to find their passions and use their time to positively engage with their communities. Over the past 16 years, AFH has educated more than 10,000 professional, Olympic, Paralympic and collegiate athletes through its Causeway workshop series, and helped athletes volunteer with hundreds of underserved schools and impactful community organizations through our core programs that focus upon helping underserved children become more physically active, changing the public stigma around mental health, and brightening the lives of children in hospitals. Through their dedication and passion for doing good, AFH athletes have positively impacted the lives of millions around the world.