Summary and Application Instructions
AFH is seeking a Digital & Social Media Marketing Coordinator who is passionate about the intersection of sports, philanthropy and advocacy. Ideal candidates will possess marketing and social media experience. Public relations experience is a bonus. Interested candidates should send their resume to Kylie Reeves (email@example.com) along with a cover letter that briefly answers the following questions (no other cover letter is required):
- What interests you most about this position?
- Why do you feel you would be a great fit for this position?
- What is your favorite social media/digital communication platform? Why?
- When considering your application, what is the one thing you want us to pay the most attention to?
- Is there anything not reflected on your resume that you would like us to know?
- Work closely with Digital Marketing Lead on implementation of overall marketing strategy and internal communications
- Correspond with AFH staff members on a daily basis to collect relevant content for website and social media channels
- Collaborate with AFH athlete members to provide dynamic and impactful content on website and social channels
- Support Marketing team on all external and internal communications as well as partnership activations and relationship management
- Day-to-day management of AFH social media accounts including copywriting
- Execute social media strategy in accordance with overall digital media plan
- Create quarterly and annual goals that can be measured through analytic resources
- Follow and engage AFH athlete members on social media
- Distribute monthly and/or quarterly analytic reports to AFH staff
- Create and publish content on the AFH Website integrating SEO best practices
- Manage and update content regularly on the site
- Interview AFH athlete members for monthly website features
- Communicate with developers and designers for coding issues/updates
- Track website performance for quarterly reports
- Work with Digital Marketing Lead to write and disseminate monthly AFH Newsletter
- Work with program leads on keeping CRM data updated
- Track email performance for monthly reports
Marketing & Communications
- Execute marketing plan in accordance with overall digital media strategy
- Opportunity to create new pieces of content that highlight AFH athletes, programs and initiatives
- Public Relations: establish relationships with and pitch stories to media outlets when appropriate
- Create quarterly and annual goals that can be measured through analytics
- Existing general knowledge of the sports philanthropy and advocacy landscape
- Desire to think outside the box to create engaging content for all digital media platforms
- Experience in social media management and community engagement (either natively or via third-party platform)
- General knowledge of email marketing best practices and CRM data collection/management
- Experience with digital media metrics measurement (either natively or via third-party platform. AFH currently uses Buffer)
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Knowledge of professional, collegiate, Olympic and Paralympic sports landscape
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
This role is being offered as a remote (east coast preferred but not mandatory) consultant position at 40 hours a week at $40k per year.