Athletes for Hope is seeking a Digital Media and Marketing Manager to oversee the digital, content and marketing strategy for the organization. This role is responsible for leading the strategy across AFH’s digital ecosystem, as well as maintaining the content calendar and publishing across all channels.
This person must have a passion for the intersection of sports and philanthropy. He/she should have a strong understanding of social media best practices, the digital landscape and a knack for knowing what separates the best content from the rest. An ideal candidate will be an organized, proactive and creative thinker who can manage a content calendar one minute and write news articles the next.
Knowledge of social media, community management and digital marketing is required. Public relations experience is a bonus. Two to three years of work experience is ideal, with an understanding of the sports landscape preferred. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Jason Belinkie. ([email protected])
- Develop and execute a digital media plan (with input from AFH staff) that guides content creation, distribution, and desired impact/goals
- Correspond with AFH staff members on a daily basis to collect relevant content for website and social media channels
- Consistently create new content from and interact with AFH’s large network of athlete members
- Create and build upon existing media and outward-facing relationships to distribute AFH content and create greater awareness of Athletes for Hope
- Create monthly and quarterly reports that highlight work and key metrics for AFH staff and board
- Collaborate with AFH athlete members to provide dynamic and impactful content on website and social channels
Marketing & Public Relations
- Set and execute marketing plan in accordance with overall digital media plan
- With the AFH staff’s help, brainstorm new feature ideas that highlight AFH athletes, programs and initiatives
- Public Relations: Pitch stories to media outlets when appropriate
- Create quarterly and annual goals that can be measured through analytics
- Create the editorial strategy for AFH’s website, producing and publishing a variety of content — descriptions, news articles, photography, blog posts, etc.
- Manage and update content regularly on the site
- Interview AFH athlete members for monthly website features
- Make sure all graphics/banner images are relevant and up-to-date
- Communicate with developers and designers for coding issues/updates
- Track website performance for quarterly reports
- Develop and execute the social media strategy for AFH, driving the day-to-day publishing and management of all channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube)
- Serve as the community manager across all social media platforms, finding unique and innovative ways to engage with AFH athlete members and supporters
- Stay up-to-day on best practices, surfacing learnings, internet trends, new uses of social platforms and innovative ideas to push the AFH’s mission forward
- Assist in the creation of content for social – including but not limited to – copy, GIFS, graphics, etc.
- Create quarterly and annual goals that can be measured through analytic resources; distribute quarterly reports to AFH staff